Players

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Haiti Through My Eyes

The following are some of the stuff I saw during my trip to Haiti in the aftermath of the earthquake. These are just a few random shots I have and will post part 2 soon once I get my photos organized.


Collapsed building in Port Au Prince, they are still working hard to clear the collapsed buildings and debris


We had to go off road when travelling from Jacmel to Port Au Prince because a road was closed. Unfortunately for these guys infront of us, they got stuck in the river!


Looks like here you cannot prevent the power company from reading your meter by locking the gates like we do in Kenya!


Notice how they serve you the beer with a serviette to hold your bottle? First time I have seen anything like this!


This kid get jiggy with it as the DJ does his thing before we begin a screening at Labidou, one of the tented camps in Jacmel. I will be posting more about the FilmAid screenings in Haiti on the FilmAid blog




The colourful streets of Port Au Prince

3 comments:

  1. Not sure when you took the photos but am glad to see that there are some signs of a "normal" life happening there. Great photos too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyful, I took the photos within the last 3 days. It is amazing how resilient people are here, just determined to clean up and continue with their lives!

    ReplyDelete