Players

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I want to Vomit

This year has found me almost declaring a total boycott of mainstream media. I have however decided for the time being not to watch the news, especially the so-called prime time news. Reason? Everytime I watch the news, especially what is happening on the political scene, I actually feel depressed and my evening is done. I find that I can no longer even speak to my wife. When I saw that Kimunya had been re-appointed, I felt sick, I wanted to vomit. And as if that was not enough, I see Raila saying on TV saying that ODM was not party to that...please excuse us!! Why not take a walk if you are principled?

It is very painfully seeing all this nonesense going around with our politicians yet feeling like there is nothing that you can do. Kenya has become a place that not even public demonstrations are tolerated. You huddled together 5 people in the middle of town and the next thing you know is that the police will be lobbying teargas. I will not be surprised if one of these days I hear that tear gas has mistakenly been fired at a sports event or a religious gathering as there seems to be a very deep fear of crowds by this PNU/ODM dictatorship.

I know it is diabolical to wish harm to others but several a time I have found a smile on my face when I have imagined a terrorist bombing in parliament when all our thugs are gathered there. Apologies for the rant!

7 comments:

  1. Pole sana but by now you should have become immune and started strategizing on 2012. We should tell each other and come up with people we want to see in leadership.

    Have you noticed on every area wea people can converge to demonstrate their are policemen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah,I learned to keep my emotions aside when I watch the news. Its like watching your soccer get thwarted, do you know how that can ruin your day. I learned to shrug that off too. Better learn.

    But there is something we can do, figure that out. And no, its not demonstrating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet we are the ones who voted them in...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in this collectively, and will come out collectively. In 2010, we should drug these thieves out of town, and install a legitimate government in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up on Kenyans a long time ago. Even as we speak, some of the thieving MPs have fanatical support. So dont kid yourselves that during the next elections 'we' will vote them out? We? Who is 'we'?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our Kenyan politicians have an uncanny way of reinventing themselves, today one is hated, tomorrow he is hero. I remember during the Rainbow days when people like kina Saitoti, Kalonzo etc were now being feted as heroes simply because they had ditched Moi and Kanu. Then come referendum, we had the like of Uhuru and Ruto now emerging as heroes simply because they switched sides and aligned themselves with some rebel MPs. Come 2012 I will not be surprised to see these same lot clutching on some else!!! There mere thought of this makes me feel like vomiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lumi. First time around here. I so feel you on boycotting news. Your rants are perfectly understandable. I’ve found myself also severally thinking of a bomb in parliament. Kumbe I’m not alone. I've even had weirder thoughts. Like someone who stole maize suddenly waking up to find his house and compound all full of heaps and heaps of maize and with the press conveniently around. Or petrol or whatever they stole. Your post reminds me of a question someone used to ask, where is a laser guided heart attack when it's most needed? Or several laser guided heart attacks…. Aargh!

    ReplyDelete